Lag in Final Fantasy XIV? It is common for players to experience problems related to high ping. With the release of the Shadowbringers expansion this Friday, have a better experience on your raids following tips:
TIP 1: CLOSE PROGRAMS THAT ARE CONSUMING RAM MEMORY
If there are too many open programs on your computer, this can lead to poor game performance. Take a look at the Task Manager and review the applications that are consuming your computer’s RAM. Close any programs that are running unnecessarily.
TIP 2: DO A PING TEST
1. Open the Windows Start menu and type “cmd”
2. Type “ipconfig” and then press enter.
3. Then save the IP number
4. Then type in the next cmd “ping” + your IP number
TIP 3: BE ATTENTIVE TO YOUR ETHERNET CONNECTION
Use a cable connection so that you are directly connected to your modem. Being connected via wireless can cause delays on your gameplay.
TIP 4: IMPROVE YOUR RESPONSE TIME
If the previous step didn’t do any positive change in your lag issue, you would need the help of a GPN. NoPing is a software that has advanced support for Final Fantasy XIV since its launch. With many servers worldwide, NoPing creates the best route for you so that you can have a better ping. You can enjoy the best route and with greater security in your gameplay.
HOW TO CONFIGURE NOPING
1) Create a NoPing Account
2) Download the software from the website and install the program: http://download.nptunnel.com/NoPingx64.msi
3) Open NoPing on your desktop.
4) Log in on the software.
5) In the search bar at the top “Search for a Game”, type “FinalFantasyXIV”. The game image will appear below. Click on the game image and then select the server.
6) A new screen will appear, now click on the “PING” button, after that you will get the ping result on each server.
7) Ping NoPing for the best MS. Select the server and then click “Optimize this game.”
8) Wait for the Disconnect button to appear. Then open your game.
9) To check if it is working properly, after connecting to your game, go back to the NoPing screen. In the right corner of the statistics, your game name and ping should be showing.
Save the world with Squall Leonhart without lag interrupting your game.
Try it now for 7 days for free and know our plans.
Posted by Livia Dias